Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Great Meeting of Children.


There are no strangers, only more people to hug.
Hello. I love you.

Hug until you can no longer
tell who is breathing,
whose skin is warmed by the sun.
Hug until you can no longer
tell who just laughed,
whose heart beats in your joy. 
Hug until you can no longer.

The clouds come in so fast
and soon you will be one of us,
worrying about wind and germs
and strangers.

Goodbye, when it's time for that,
when it's time to remember the doll at your feet.
                                               
***
what astonishes me: that they truly do not know a stranger
what saddens me: that they truly do not know a stranger


1 comment:

  1. what makes me cry: your blog posts
    what gives me hope: your blog posts

    Thank you for every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete